Invest in Cyprus - Top 20 Benefits
Cyprus has long been a popular destination when it comes to company formation, relocation and retirement. It has been particularly popular with British and Russian families and businesses, and in the last few years the island has been attracting business investments and opportunities for Permanent Residency status.
So why Cyprus?
- An excellent lifestyle with an average of 350 days of sunshine a year, beaches, mountains, UNESCO heritage sites and modern shopping malls and marinas.
- One of safest countries in the world with the lowest crime rate in Europe.
- The cleanest bathing waters in Europe as per the report by the European Environment Agency.
- One of the fastest growing EU economies.
- An EU member country with visa free travel.
- Excellent health care system with 6 public hospitals and over 70 private clinics.
- English is widely spoken.
- The education system offers Greek speaking primary and secondary level schools where English is taught as part of the curriculum and English is the main language within the 20 reputable private English speaking schools. Local universities and colleges attract a high volume of overseas students and are recognised internationally.
- Low corporate tax rate – 12.5%
- An attractive Double Tax Treaty network covering more than 60 countries.
- No inheritance tax, capital gains tax exemption.
- A high standard of living.
- A cosmopolitan country with around 22% of the population accounting for foreign nationals living and working on the island.
- An attractive personal tax regime for international professionals and non-domiciled individuals.
- A thriving tourism industry.
- Friendly, hospitable locals,
- Direct flights to most EU countries and beyond from the two international airports – Larnaca and Paphos.
- Permanent Residency status through the purchase of Cyprus property.
- An excellent range of properties to choose from including luxury villas by the sea, contemporary residential apartments and commercial investments including entire buildings.
- A diverse choice of destinations within the island from thriving city centres, beautiful beachside resorts, quieter rural residential areas and quaint mountain villages where you can experience real Cypriot life.